Submit a Film
2019 Submissions are Now Open
- Films can be any length up to 20 minutes in total (including titles and credits).
- Any genre is accepted, including fiction, non-fiction, music videos, etc.
- Submissions are only open to current TFTV students.
- You must have permission from all those involved in the ownership of the film before submitting.
- You may submit more than one film, but each film must have its own submission folder and cover sheet.
- 1) Create a Folder (FilmTitle_YourName) with a H.264 copy of your film
- 2) Submit to any TFTV computer under tftvsubmissions/events/LUMA2019
- 3) Fill out the form below.
Complete Your Submission: Submission Form
Fill out the following form in order to complete your submission process. Before submitting, please double check submission requirments.
Click Here for Submission Form
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Gala Screening?
- The LUMA Gala Screening is a two-day evening event in the Holbeck cinema to showcase the wide range of student talent. We screen 8-14 films selected by a LUMA Selection Panel. These films will have a chance for being selected for the Orillo Award and the Audience Award. Can I submit multiple projects?
- Yes, you can submit as many projects as you want. Each project counts as a separate submission, and requires a new form. Can I change my project after the deadline?
- Yes, this submission is for selection purposes only. You will have the chance to send us an updated project before the LUMA screenings, and instructions will be sent on how to do this. If you don't respond, we will assume that your project has no changes. Do submissions have to be TFTV projects?
- No, you can submit any project - personal, commercial or assessment-based. Do I have to be a TFTV student to submit?
- Yes, LUMA 2019 aims to showcase the student talent in TFTV. As a result, we only open the submission to its students. When will I hear back?
- We aim to finalise the selection process by the end of May. You will receive an email no matter what the outcome. Please ensure you check your email at this point, as Gala selections will have two weeks to provide us with a DCP for screening in the Holbeck. What if I don't get selected for the Gala Screening?
- LUMA aims to showcase the incredible student work at TFTV, and we will showcase all non-Gala selected films at different events during the day - ensuring everyone has viewing platform for their projects. If you don't wish for your film to be screened, please contact us via email. I have a problem with my submission, who can I contact?
- Contact us at: email@example.com.